Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2020

A 'Storehouse of Joy' !!!

Good Morning Dear Friends,
How in the World are You??
Good, I hope!  Faithman 🤓

A 'Storehouse of Joy' !

Did you know that Jesus wants us to be full of JOY?!!

Did you know that in most Bible translations that the word 'JOY' is mentioned over 100x in the Old Testament, and in the New Testament the word 'JOY' is mentioned over 55x!!.

All through the Word of God, there is the subtle message of God wanting His people to experience His JOY!

Why is it then, that we don't experience His JOY?

I believe that there are 3 main causes of JOY famine. 

1.  The enemy (satan) comes to steal and rob us of our JOY.  This happens when our affections and focus moves from the Lord and His purpose to other things or incidents.  When this does happen, we just need to stop and resist the enemy and cry out to Jesus to restore our JOY.

2. We don't believe that we are worthy of God's JOY.  When Jesus died on the cross, he took our punishment and our sins on the cross once and for all.  When we truly believe this, then the Lord's JOY fills our hearts and minds and this splashes out from our lives and touches those whom we are around.  Then, they wonder .... 'what happened to that guy'?? 😄

3. Our focus is in the 'wrong place' or we have a 'wrong mindset' about JOY.   The Word of God teaches us that we are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds.  When we commit ourselves to this practice, the end result is God teaches us through His Word the benefits of salvation and being filled with the Holy Spirit.  The end result then, is FULL JOY!  

We then become a 'STOREHOUSE of JOY' or a 'VESSEL of JOY'.

The only way that the world is going to believe that Christians have the truth, is by the LOVE and the JOY that they have for God and for each other.

Jesus said it best in John 15:9-17.  Please read: 
“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.  This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.  You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.  No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.  You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.  These things I command you, that you love one another".
John 15:9‭-‬17 NKJV

You see, when our affection is on God and His purpose for our lives, then the 'by-product' of JOY that comes with following Jesus in all that we do.

Let's challenge each other to seek the 'JOY' giver everyday and then become a 'STOREHOUSE of JOY' just like the cartoon shows in this lesson.

God Bless you!
You are looking "JOYFUL" already! 😉
Faithman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a Great Day in the Lord :)

The Monday Morning Quarterback / Sermon Question?

Happy Monday! I hope that all is well with you this morning. The Monday Morning Quarterback Question? Question: Did you make it to church or...