Translate

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Season of Advent: "Christmas, A Time for Beautiful Inspired Music"

Merry Christmas! 
Christmas Day is Almost Here!!

I was talking to my brother who is a Pastor in Martins Ferry, Ohio last night about Christmas hymns and Songs that were written to Glorify God and remind us of the reason that Jesus Christ came on Christmas morning.

We shared song titles and their verses and mentioned that if one would just listen to some of the lyrics of the Christmas Hymns closely and sing it with their heart and meaning, what a difference it would make in our lives and perhaps even Salvation for some.

For Example:

AWAY IN A MANAGER (3rd verse):

Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And take us to heaven, to live with Thee there.

JOY TO THE WORLD

Joy to the world! The Lord is come;
Let earth receive her King, 
Let ev'ry heart prepare Him room,
And heav'n and nature sing, 
And heav'n and nature sing,
And heaven, and heaven and nature sing.

SILENT NIGHT

Silent night, Holy Night!
All is calm, All is bright,
Round yon Virgin
Mother and Child, 
Holy Infant so tender and mild,
Sleep in heavenly peace,
 Sleep in heavenly peace.

I still strum a few Christmas Songs at home from an old 'organ song book' that I got at Christmas time when I was about 10 years old.
Hopefully, we will get to go and listen to the Christmas Eve Service and the music this year.  
The music at this time of the year has so much meaning to it and brings to many much hope and cheer.

Merry Christmas!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a Great Day in the Lord :)

The Monday Morning Quarterback / Sermon Question?

Happy Monday! I hope that all is well with you this morning. The Monday Morning Quarterback Question? Question: Did you make it to church or...