Translate

Friday, June 5, 2020

I am ...

Still STOPPED!!
(Part IV)

Good Morning LEJ Friends,
"How in the world are you? Good I hope!"  

Acts 1:4 'And being assembled together with them, He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait (stop) for the Promise of the Father, "which," He said, "you have heard from Me;"
'Italics' my thoughts.

Are you 'Stopped' ???
I am 'still stopped' ... and you???

Jesus sometimes tells us to 'wait'.  Before we can 'wait', I think that we have to 'stop'.  

* In this LEJ special series of 'stopping', the word 'stop' is another word or metaphor for 'waiting' on the Lord.

Did you know in the KJV of the Bible that the word 'WAIT' appears over 100 times?!!

So then, 'Waiting' on and for God must be important!

Here are some comforting scriptures that will fill our souls as we 'wait' on the Lord this morning:

Psalm 37:7
Rest in in the Lord, and 'wait' patiently for Him;

Psalm 40:1
I 'waited' patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who 'wait' on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Hebrews 9:28
so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.  To those who eagerly 'wait' for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation.

My friend, is your soul weary this morning?
+ 'Wait' on the Lord.

My friend, do you need strength this morning?
+ 'Wait' on the Lord.

My friend, is your 'soul' crying this morning because of the suffering and the injustice in the world today? 
+ 'Wait' on the Lord.

Before victory comes in any of our lives, we must learn to 'wait' on the Lord.
Why?

Because our 'battle' is the Lords ... and not ours!

Remember, 'cast all your cares on Him, because He cares for you!' (1 Peter 5:7)

Amen.

PS:
Listen to Him while 'waiting', and then follow through in obedience with what He tells you to do. 

'Waiting' then, will make all the difference for 'victory' in all your days.  

Amen.
Faith Man


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a Great Day in the Lord :)

The Monday Morning Quarterback / Sermon Question?

Happy Monday! I hope that all is well with you this morning. The Monday Morning Quarterback Question? Question: Did you make it to church or...