Translate

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Season of Advent: "Friendly Beasts"

Good Morning.

Advent is Here 🎄.  

Advent to me, brings wonderful Christmas Memories.

I like the memories of the 'simple times' of the Christmases past.

My brother and I have been talking about our past Christmases. 

Good Times.  Good Stories.  Good Memories.  Good Family & Friends Christmas times.

We would get gifts via US Mail from our Aunt & Uncle from Pennsylvania that were special.

One Year (I think 1957), I got a 'Golden Book' of 'My Christmas Treasury' from my family.

the 'Friendly Beasts' story was in this book.
And, in that book  I learned about the legend of the 'Friendly Beasts'.

I still can almost see the picture of the page that had this story in my mind.  It left a lasting impression of the Holy, Quiet, Sacred moment of Christ's birthThe words still make me tear up today because of the quiet simple peaceful message the legendary story brings to us from the animals perspective of the Nativity.

Compliments of 'Ebay' ;)

You can read the message below and click the link to see and hear a 'live-animal version' of the "Friendly Beasts" on YouTube.  Very sweet and peaceful.

The Friendly Beasts link

+++++++++++++++

Please read:

 Jesus, our brother, kind and good,

Was humbly born in a stable rude;
And the friendly beasts around him stood,
Jesus, our brother, kind and good.

"I," said the donkey, shaggy and brown,
"I carried his mother up-hill and down,
I carried her safely to Bethlehem town."
"I," said the donkey, shaggy and brown.

"I," said the cow, all white and red,
"I gave him my manger for a bed,
I gave him my hay to pillow his head."
"I," said the cow, all white and red.

"I," said the sheep with the curly horn,
"I gave him my wool for a blanket warm,
He wore my coat on Christmas morn."
"I," said the sheep with the curly horn.

"I," said the dove from the rafters high,
"I cooed him to sleep so he would not cry,
We cooed him to sleep, my mate and I."
"I," said the dove from the rafters high.

Jesus, our brother, kind and good,
Was humbly born in a stable rude;
And the friendly beasts around him stood,
Jesus, our brother, kind and good.



Yes, Jesus OUR BROTHER . . . Kind & Good.

May we always reflect our Brother, Lord and Savior's 'Kind and Good & simple works' to one another and to Glorify the Lord.  Merry Christmas. 

Faithman 

ps - Shine Out your Light this Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a Great Day in the Lord :)

The Monday Morning Quarterback / Sermon Question?

Happy Monday! I hope that all is well with you this morning. The Monday Morning Quarterback Question? Question: Did you make it to church or...