Translate

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Rushing the Holidays!

 Happy Thanksgiving Month πŸ‘ 

Happy Saturday 😊

Are we 'rushing in 'the holidays ??!! 

Gee, I walked into a restaurant the other day and 
thought it was Christmas!

No Joke! The place was decorated with Christmas Trees, Pine wreaths and all the trimmings!

While this edition of LEJ is a bit comical, I thought of how something starts out 'good' such as a Christian Holiday, then over time the 'holiday' looses its original intent because of businesses trying to make things 'fit' for the secular and unbelieving world.

Even 'Thanksgiving', ... People often refer to it as 'Turkey Day'.  So sad that the world at large can't even 'Give Thanks' to its Creator.

No wonder we get the 'feeling' that time is going so fast!  The media and stores bombard us with 'black Friday' sales a month before Thanksgiving!

I still like how life was when I was a kid in 'good old' Beech Bottom, WV!  

We really didn't talk much about Christmas until after 'Thanksgiving Day' and 'Thanksgiving' was a special day and weekend that we got together with family and then, started to look through the Sears or Spiegel catalog for toys and gifts.   

I think my parents bought my brother his 1st guitar through the Spiegel catalog!! (It later became the guitar I learned on a Christmas or 2 later!)

Anyway, I write today's message as a thought for us that the world is continually trying to mold us into something that God never intended us to be.  

His Word is to be our light, our path and our guide for living light in this world and to be content.

Please consider the following scriptures:

'Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. ' Psalms 119:105

'I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.' Romans 12:1-2

'Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. ' I Timothy 6:6-8

And, Happy Thanksgiving Season Dear Friends . . .

'we shall, be content' whatever season is upon us.  Amen. 

FaithMan

ps . . . 'Please remember this, Thanksgiving comes before Christmas every year!' πŸ˜‰ 

pss... Please continue to participate in the Thanksgiving Text Challenge And, remember . . . 

'Faith Man' sent ya!! πŸ˜‰



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments :)
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a Great Day in the Lord :)

The Monday Morning Quarterback / Sermon Question?

Happy Monday! I hope that all is well with you this morning. The Monday Morning Quarterback Question? Question: Did you make it to church or...