Translate

Friday, January 21, 2022

God's Gifts: "His Word" Part III

It's Friday Morning from the Secondary 'SNOW BELT' of NE OHIO.

Well, Snow IS supposed happen in Winter . . . In everything, 'GIVE THANKS'!

"HIS WORD" - PART III

The WORD OF GOD LIVES! 

When I opened up "God's Gift of 'His Word' in this series, I knew it was going to be a BIG GIFT!!! SOOO BIG it is taking quite awhile to examine and to see how this GIFT has affected us in many ways.

I do know for certain that GOD's WORD does not return VOID and God's watchful eye is on His Word.  

Here's a testimony that happened some years ago about 'our Bibles' not returning 'VOID'!

Linda and I were getting ready to go to church one Sunday morning years ago, and I had placed our Bibles (2 of them) on top of the car while I loading up our cars and making sure our daughters were in the car and checking to see if there were other things that I loaded in the car that we needed for that day.

Crossing the Ohio River at the Market Street Bridge 

We traveled from our home in Mingo Junction, Ohio up Route 7, then to Follansbee, West Va. via the Market Street Bridge and Mahan's Lane in West Va.  When I stopped at Linda's mothers house before church, I looked on top of the car and my 'TOMPSON CHAIN REFERENCE BIBLE' was there!! I completely forgot that I placed the Bibles there!  The Bible made the trip all the way from our house in Mingo Junction without falling off or missing any pages!!  

Linda's Bible fell off in front of St. Agnes Church 

and a friend called us after they found her name in the Bible and returned it later without any pages or damage to the Bible.
 My Thompson Chain Reference KJV Bible (still in use today!)

The LORD showed me then and there, that HIS WORD DOES NOT RETURN VOID!!! And, will NOT RETURN VOID in my life.  Yes! His mighty angels kept the WORD of GOD on the ROOF of our CAR all the way!!  For those of you who know were we used to live on Elm Street, it was a REAL MIRACLE for my BIBLE to make it to WV without losing any of its pages or the whole BIBLE itself!! (I was so grateful I didn't loose it, since it was a Christmas gift to me from Linda).

The WORD of God is so powerful!  The WORD of God is our offensive weapon against the enemy and for situations that we find ourselves in.  Let us read the following scriptures: 

 'Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. ' Ephesians 6:13,17

'For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. ' Hebrews 4:12

Both of the scriptures we just read are so powerful and give us a clear definition of how the WORD of GOD works in our lives when we read the WORD, use the WORD, trust the WORD and stand on the WORD in the midst of all life's seasons. 

Have you ever thought about the WORD of GOD being ALIVE and ACTIVE??  When we ask God for HIS WORD, He will surely direct us in HIS WORD for the day, a season, or circumstance that we are in at the moment.  There will be days when we may encounter sickness, there may be days when our doubts are stronger than our faith, then there will be days when our JOY overflows!   

And, in all of these seasons, the WORD of God addresses all of our actions and addresses our cares.

Yes then, . . . so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. from Isaiah 55

The Mountains and Hills Will Burst in Song Before you!

Yes, the Mountains and Hills have done this many times!
f.m.


PART IV on "HIS WORD" tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Love you brother and what a great story on your bibles making such a trip like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments :)
I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Have a Great Day in the Lord :)

The Monday Morning Quarterback / Sermon Question?

Happy Monday! I hope that all is well with you this morning. The Monday Morning Quarterback Question? Question: Did you make it to church or...